January 18, 2008

American tennis sucks

I'm sorry I had to say it. I guess I'm just pissed watching James Blake lose the first two sets to Sebastian Grosjean. Hey, I'm not saying I could fold James' jockstrap, that's not the point.

The point is, well, American tennis sucks. Oops , there I go again.

Thank god for the Williams sisters. Those girls are saving our bacon here in the states.

END RANT
- - - - -
In other news, it is raining, so all outdoor courts have halted play.

In earlier action on the ladies side, in an all russian matchup, Maria Kirilenko fought back from a set down to beat the # 6 seed Anna Chakvetadze. Anna has become a favorite of mine simply because I love to mispronounce her last name. I Checked Maria's website however, and I see no legitimate reason to not be a fan of hers as well. As far as Anna goes, it's curtains for her - Clay in may, as they say.

In another, even grander upset (with more russian implications), # 2 Seed Svetlana aka the bulldog Kuznetsova was ousted by # 29 seed Agnieszka Radwanska aka the little choo choo who could from Poland. Radwanska gunned down # 2 seeded Maria Sharapova in the 2007 U.S. Open. She went on to lose in the 4th round there, but appears anxious to ruffle more feathers in the next few days.

* Before this blog was posted, Blake has taken the 3rd set 6-0. Unfortunately, he will have to win 2 more for me to stop saying American tennis sucks.

ALIVE FOR TODAY

CLAY IN MAY